Imagine walking into a solar company’s office with 50 or 100 of your neighbors and saying, “We all want to get solar. What kind of deal can you give us?”
That’s a solar co-op!
In fact, it’s even better than that. In addition to competitive pricing on solar panels, you get:
- Info to help you understand solar. Our vendor-neutral solar experts are here to help you understand how solar works and make the best decision for your energy needs.
- A direct line to ask specific questions. You can call or email us anytime you need help. We’ll be here now and long after you install solar.
- A team that solicits and reviews proposals from solar companies. First, Solar United Neighbors requests bids on your behalf. Then, a committee of your fellow co-op members meet to assess the pros and cons and select the best installer for the group. (Note: If that sounds interesting to you, you’re also welcome to join the selection committee!)
- Community. You’ll join the growing solar movement. You’ll have a built-in network of support and inspiration from others who, like you, are taking a stand for energy freedom and advancing the clean energy economy.
- A bigger impact! Going solar creates jobs, and puts energy production and its benefits back in the hands of the people and contributes to cleaner air and water for everyone. A solar co-op amplifies those outcomes exponentially.
Watch the video below to learn more about our solar co-op process and its benefits, or view our FAQs.
Consulta nuestro FAQ para más información sobre la tecnología solar y el proceso de comprar e instalar su sistema solar.
Rooftop solar provides a solution to high energy bills. You can make life better for a low-income Pennsylvania family!
Donate Now – Help seven low-income households in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania go solar!
Please visit: www.solarunitedneighbors.org/hazelwood or text “HAZELWOOD” to 44321
How does a co-op work?
Can’t make our info session?
How much does solar cost?
* 2% electricity price increase per year, 10.19 cents/kWh electricity rate, -.5% panel degradation per year, 1,217 yearly production per 1kW of solar, does not include solar renewable energy credits.
** reflects year one average savings – savings will grow each year as electricity costs increase
Can I finance my solar?
Not sure if you can avoid the upfront cost of solar? Check out our financing page to learn about the loans that may be available to you, including some that are exclusive to solar co-op members.
What if I can’t afford solar?
We may be able to help! Limited funds are available to provide free 5kw solar installations to homeowners with incomes below 80% of the Area Median Income (AMI). Refer to the finance requirement chart below to see if you may qualify:
If you do qualify, you will be added to a waitlist for a free solar installation. Funds will be allocated to waitlisted homeowners on a first-come-first-served basis when they are ready to sign a contract with the co-op’s solar installer. While we are actively raising money to be able to provide as many free systems as possible, we anticipate that we won’t be able to provide funding to every eligible household on the waitlist.