The Downtown Business Solar Co-op is an opportunity for Main Street Steamboat businesses to learn about and go solar.
Are you a resident interested in going solar on your home? Add your name here to our waitlist for the upcoming Northwest Solar Co-op!
How much money can your business save by going solar?
The Steamboat Springs Business Solar Co-op is taking advantage of the Mainstreet Open for Business Grant where up to $1 million is available for solar and energy retrofits, covering costs of up to $150,000 per business with a required 20 percent match. Downtown businesses who can take advantage of the 26 percent federal income tax credit could go solar at little or no cost! This is a time-limited opportunity and as dependent on available funding.
Click here for our flyer which explains more about Go Solar Steamboat Springs.
Imagine walking into a solar company’s office with 50 or 100 of your neighbors and saying, “We all want to get solar. What kind of deal can you give us?”
That’s a solar co-op!
In fact, it’s even better than that. In addition to competitive pricing on solar panels, you get:
- Info to help you understand solar. Our vendor-neutral solar experts are here to help you understand how solar works and make the best decision for your energy needs.
- A direct line to ask specific questions. You can call or email us anytime you need help. We’ll be here now and long after you install solar.
- A team that solicits and reviews proposals from solar companies. First, Solar United Neighbors requests bids on your behalf. Then, a committee of your fellow co-op members meet to assess the pros and cons and select the best installer for the group. (Note: If that sounds interesting to you, you’re also welcome to join the selection committee!)
- Community. You’ll join the growing solar movement. You’ll have a built-in network of support and inspiration from others who, like you, are taking a stand for energy freedom and advancing the clean energy economy.
- A bigger impact! Going solar creates jobs, and puts energy production and its benefits back in the hands of the people and contributes to cleaner air and water for everyone. A solar co-op amplifies those outcomes exponentially.
Watch the video below to learn more about our solar co-op process and its benefits, or view our FAQs.
Consulta nuestro FAQ para más información sobre la tecnología solar y el proceso de comprar e instalar su sistema solar.
How does a co-op work?
Can’t make our info session?
Watch a recorded session for general information on solar, how co-ops work, and what to expect if you join.